Dr. Muerza holds a BSc in Electronics Engineering, a MSc in Industrial Engineering, and a PhD in Industrial Engineering, all of them from the University of Zaragoza. She has been certified as a Risk Management Expert and a Quality Management Expert by the National Distance Education University (UNED).
Dr. Muerza’s main research interests include Transport and Logistics in the Supply Chain, decision-making optimization, multicriteria decision making, the analysis and development of industrial and technological diversification processes, the analysis of the technological competitiveness of firms and regions, the management of technology and innovation, and technology evaluation. During her career Dr. Muerza has published more than thirty papers in journals as well as on scientific conferences.
Dr. Muerza has previously been employed as a researcher engineer in the “Council for Competitiveness and Industrial and Technological Diversification of the University of Zaragoza”, and the “Aragon Institute of Engineering Research (i3A)” at the Transport and Logistics area. Furthermore, she has been postdoctoral guest researcher at the Institut für Transportlogistik, Technische Universität Dortmund, and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST).
- Muerza, V., and Larrodé, E., 2017. Towards the Definition of a Global Logistics Engineer: Procedure to Establish an International Curriculum in Engineering Education. International Journal of Engineering Education, 33(6):2071-2082.
- Muerza, V., Larrodé, E., and Moreno-Jiménez, J.M., 2017. Identification and selection of ICTs for freight transport in product service supply chain diversification. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 117(7): 1469-1484.
- Muerza- Marín, V., Larrodé- Pellicer, and E., Díez, O., 2017. Development of the multitechnological tree concept: an application to the automotive industry. Dyna, 92(1): 113-119.
- Muerza, V., Larrodé, E, and Moreno- Jiménez, J.M., 2016. Uncertainty in industrial and technological diversification processes: Stability of AHP-Absolute Measurements Results. In G. Alor-Hernández, C. Sánchez- Ramírez, J. L. García-Alcaraz (eds.). Handbook of Research on Managerial Strategies for Achieving Optimal Performance in Industrial Processes (Advances in Logistics, Operations, and Management Science). United Kingdom: IGI Global, pp. 166-194.
- Royo, B., Fraile, A., Larrodé, E., and Muerza, V., 2016. Route planning for a mixed delivery system in long distance transportation and comparison with pure delivery systems. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 291(10097): 488-496.
- Muerza, V., De Arcocha, D., Larrodé, E., and Moreno-Jiménez, J. M., 2014. The multicriteria selection of products in technological diversification strategies: An application to the Spanish automotive industry based on AHP. Production Planning & Control, 25 (8): 715-728.
- Larrodé, E., Moreno-Jiménez, J.M. and Muerza, M.V., 2012. An AHP-multicriteria suitability evaluation of technological diversification in the automotive industry. International Journal of Production Research, 50 (17): 4889-4907.