Strategy Execution Lead
(ZLOG Class of 2009)
1. Describe your current job responsibilities
Member of the Global Supply Chain of Roche Pharmaceuticals. The role I have performed until now in Roche is part of the Global Demand to Supply process. It requires me to work very closely with the Drug Substance and Drug Product manufacturing sites on projects and budgets on a 2-3 year planning horizon.
2. Describe your career path before you attended ZLOG
Before I attended ZLOG, I worked for 2 to 3 years in a medium size corporation in the Textile and Chemical sector in Valencia. I was covering many different aspects of Supply Chain Management for a company of about 200 employees. My responsibilities ranged from Procurement to Production Planning, from Long Range Planning to Issue Management.
3. Why did you decide to attend ZLOG?
Before joining ZLOG I was very happy with the kind of job that I was doing, it was Supply Chain Management after all.
However, two things happened:
- I wanted to work in a Global Supply Chain environment with Global Supply Chain issues. Until that moment I had worked in a company that sold worldwide, however the supply chain was not that global.
- I needed to increase my theoretical knowledge and my network in Supply Chain, I liked what I was doing, but I needed to share my passion with other people like me!
I found the program and I thought that compared to other MBAs it had the advantage of being focused on the topic I like and the size of the class was appropriate, we were not just numbers.
4. What are the most valuable assets you gained through your ZLOG experience?
Clearly the great network of amazing people across the world!
5. How did your ZLOG degree impact your job search?
The ZLOG program opened the door to the first interview - a door that was usually closed before, but which now opened more easily. However after that, it is the same process as always, ZLOG cannot do more!
6. Does your ZLOG education affect the way you currently do your job?
Absolutely, the issues I face might not be clear, however the optimal solution is easier to spot and communicate.
7. What would you say to a prospective student thinking about joining the ZLOG program?
If you are ready to have one of the best years of your life and Supply Chain is your passion, don’t hesitate, this is the program for you!