Dr. Royo has a Ph.D. degree of Computer Engineer in the field of Transport Optimization with a focus on long distance transportation by road, Vehicle Routing, Hub Location Allocation Problems and Ant Colony Optimization. MSc. degree based on mechanical systems from the Faculty of Engineering, University of Zaragoza, Spain.
Dr. Royo´s main research areas are combinatorial optimization, operational research, decision support systems, mathematics algorithms and advanced planning applied on transport and logistics. During her career Dr Royo published several papers in journals as well as on scientific conferences.
Dr. Royo has also been employed in”Aragon Institute of Engineering Research” as a researcher engineer for transport optimization and as a decision support systems developer and in ”Technological Institute of Aragon” as an automation software developer.
- Royo B., Fraile A., Larrodé E., Muerza V., 2016. Route planning for a mixed delivery system in long distance transportation and comparison with pure delivery systems. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 291, pp. 488-496.
- Sicilia J.A., Quemada C., Royo B., Escuin D., 2016. An optimization algorithm for solving the rich vehicle routing problem based on Variable Neighborhood Search and Tabu Search metaheuristics. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 291, pp. 468-477.
- Royo B., Sicilia J.A., Oliveros M.J., Larrodé E., 2015 Solving a Long-Distance Routing Problem using Ant Colony Optimization. Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences 9(2), pp. 415-421.
- Sicilia J.A., Royo B., Larrodé E., Fraile A., 2014. A Decision Support System for a Long-distance Routing Problem based on the Ant Colony Optimization Metaheuristic. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 111, pp. 1035-1044.
- Gallego J., Royo B., Larrodé E., 2014. A Web based Application for Urban Transport Infrastructure Planning for Delivering Hydrogen. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 111, pp. 869-879.
- Sicilia J.A., Escuin D., Royo B., Larrodé E.,Medrano J., 2014. A Hybrid Algorithm for Solving the General Vehicle Routing Problem in the Case of the Urban Freight Distribution. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 262, pp. 463-475.