The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) in Spain have partnered to create an international program for education and research in logistics & supply chain management. This successful partnership led to the creation of the MIT Global SCALE Network that now spans four continents. The ZLC has now a temporary opening for a Research Fellow to join LEAD and PLANET projects.
The research will deal with two challenges:
• Support the development of Digital Twins of urban logistics networks in six cities, to support experimentation and decision making with on-demand logistics operations in a public-private urban setting.
• Support the demonstration and roadmap to the future implementation of the emerging concepts (Physical Internet) and technologies (IoT, Blockchain) in three EU-global real-world corridors (China – EU- US).
Tasks within the projects:
• Technical coordination of the implementation of the Living Labs (LLs).
• Selection of strategies to be implemented – Value Case Scenario and KPIs
• Definition of a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action- Oriented, Relevant and Time-bound) Problem Statement.
• LL Monitoring: On-going monitoring and logging of the LL’s implementation (Technical Progress Monitoring. Business Goals Monitoring).
• Development of a Generic use case that brings together and expands the results of the Living Labs and the simulation of selected TEN-T corridors covering financial, business, economic and social impacts.
• Development of a set of Physical Internet facilitating technology roadmaps.
Applicants should have a PhD degree in supply chain management, transport operations, transport economy, operations research, operations management, industrial engineering, or related disciplines with demonstrable experience in indexed publications and previous projects conducting high quality research in the area of logistics and supply chain management. Previous experience in EU research projects is considered as a plus. Spanish language skills are not required but will be considered a plus as well. Salary and benefits are competitive and based on experience.
Interested candidates should provide a letter of interest and curriculum vitae.
This information can be entered electronically via our site www.zlc.edu.es. If you require further information you can contact [email protected]. All communications will be held in confidence. Review of applicants begins on January, 11th 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
The ZLC is a culturally diverse teaching and research environment and provides equal opportunity for all applicants. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.
We inform you that your personal data will be stored in our file of candidates and processed in order to manage the selection processes carried out at the Foundation. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition at FUNDACION ZARAGOZA LOGISTICS CENTER in Avenida de Ranillas 5, Edificio 5 A (EXPO), Planta Baja. 50018, Zaragoza, Spain.