Official reference: 285104
Funding body: European Commission, 7th Framework Programme
Type of funding: Public
Main Researcher: Mozart Menezes
Other Researchers: Mustafa Çagri Gürbüz, María Jesús Sáenz, Luca Urciuoli
Duration (1-04-2012 to 31-03-2016): 48 months
SAFEPOST aims to raise the current level of postal security by integrating innovative screening solutions suitable for an uninterrupted flow of the enormous volume of parcels and letters, with operational postal processes and criminal and customs intelligence work, in a European wide cooperative, distributed model.
Starting from the perspective of partner postal operations, the project will first identify the main security threats and threat actors and the main security gaps in postal operations. Secondly, it will describe security measures and process improvements to maintain or augment the efficient and secure operation of postal services to address the identified threats.
After making an inventory of security gaps, these will be developed into generic postal security models, which will be integrated into a Postal Security Target Operating Model, to enable postal operators, customs and other relevant actors to understand how to securely exchange information, related not only to security but also to the optimisation of postal flows. To support the Postal Security Target Operating Model, a Postal Security Platform will be developed that will help extend the current MEDICI effort, and exploit developments made in FP7 projects on e-Freight and secure supply chains. SAFEPOST will extend the concept of its Postal Security Target Operating Model to propose a Common Postal Security Space with a view to creating a European/World Postal Security standard security information sharing system in the future.
More information: http://www.safepostproject.eu/
- ASSOCIATION DES OPERATEURS POSTAUX PUBLICS EUROPEENS (PostEurop) – Belgium
- Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) - Spain
- BMT GROUP LIMITED - United Kingdom
- TNT UK LIMITED - United Kingdom
- TOTALFORSVARETS FORSKNINGSINSTITUT (FOI) - Sweden
- TELLUSECURE AB - Sweden
- MJC2 Limited - United Kingdom
- INLECOM Systems Ltd - United Kingdom
- SOCIEDAD ESTATAL CORREOS Y TELEGRAFOS SA - Spain
- ATOS SPAIN SA - Spain
- STICHTING NEDERLANDS NORMALISATIE - INSTITUUT (NEN) - Netherlands
- CONFEDERATION OF ORGANISATIONS IN ROAD TRANSPORT (CORTE) - Belgium
- ELLINIKA TACHYDROMEIA (ELTA) - Greece
- K-NET S.A. - Greece
- MARLO AS - Norway
- CONCEPTIVITY SARL - Switzerland
"This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement No 285104."