Zaragoza Logistics Center
Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) is an international center of excellence for research and education in logistics and supply chain management that actively engages with industry and the public sector to develop and disseminate knowledge. To accomplish its mission ZLC partnered with the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics to form the MIT-Zaragoza International Logistics Program, an international program for education and research in logistics & supply chain management.
ZLC offers graduate education in logistics and supply chain management through the following programs: Master in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (ZLOG & Blended), the Master in Supply Chain Management (MDSC) and the doctoral program (PhD).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
ZLC seeks a Corporate Relations Manager (Professional Group: A1) to develop and maintain new and existing corporate partners to sponsor theses in our Masters programs, as well as focusing on the growth of career services (career development and recruitment opportunities) and Alumni interaction.
The Corporate Relations Manager plays a key role on leading ZLC interactions with companies in the framework of ZLC education programs, promoting the visibility of the center, encouraging excellence in alignment with ZLC´s strategic direction, and establishing and maintaining ties with corporate partners.
The ideal candidate should provide evidence of leadership experience and demonstrate the ability to build relationships with industry. Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills are required, as well as flexibility and dynamism. He/she will report to the International Masters & MDSC Directors.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
1. Engaging with corporate partners to sponsor master theses
– Developing a business plan to engage new corporate partners (including digital actions for networking, as well as physical attendance to events, meetings, among others)
– Building and maintaining lasting relationships with thesis sponsors
– Increase the number of companies to sponsor master theses
– Schedule company presentations and project interviews for the students
– Handle contract signing and follow up payments
– Monitoring theses performance during and after completion, to ensure customer satisfaction.
2. Managing career development and recruitment opportunities for students
– Building and maintaining lasting relationships with companies for recruitment.
– Increase the number of companies that come to recruit from the Programs.
– Provide career counseling to students. Help students to develop career management skills to enhance their success in obtaining satisfying career employment (by means of mock interviews, resume reviews and career workshops).
– Ensuring a high placement rate for graduates through on and off campus recruitment efforts
– Distribute job offers among the students, filter and arrange for interviews, plan and host company visits
– Managing internships for Master students
3. Managing ZLC alumni club
– Managing ZLC´s Alumni Club, developing an action plan for boosting alumni interaction
– Providing career counselling and managing job opportunities for Alumni
– Organize and host ZLC annual Alumni Event
He/she will also interact with other areas of the center that manage a corporate portfolio, in alignment with ZLC´s strategic direction.
Minimum Qualifications and Competences
• Master´s degree
• Fluent in spoken Spanish and English is a must to interact with multi-cultural Students, partners and Staff on a daily basis
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Leadership skills
• Professional demeanor in person and on the phone. Strong customer service skills
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with direct client contact, in commercial roles at international level (Industry and / or Education)
Desirable but not required:
• Knowledge in logistics and supply chain
• MBTI certification
• Engineering or supply chain background
• Desirable some experience working with students on an academic environment
• Desirable experience on recruitment
Interested candidates should provide a letter of interest and curriculum vitae. This information can be entered electronically via our site www.zlc.edu.es. If you require further information you can contact [email protected]. All communications will be held in confidence. The review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
The ZLC is a culturally diverse teaching and research environment and provides equal opportunity for all applicants. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.
We inform you that your personal data will be stored in our file of candidates and processed in order to manage the selection processes carried out at the Foundation. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition at FUNDACION ZARAGOZA LOGISTICS CENTER in Avda. Ranillas 5, 5A Building (ground floor), 50018, Zaragoza or send out and email to [email protected]