The Supply Chain & Finance Initiative (SFI) at Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) is hosting the Supply Chain and Finance 2nd Annual Symposium on May 24-25, 2012 at the Silken Zentro Hotel in Zaragoza, Spain.
This series of international events offers an exclusive forum for the exchange of knowledge related to the interrelationship between both supply chain and finance (SC&F) fields. Building upon the success of the 1st Annual Symposium conducted last year at the European Business School in Wiesbaden, Germany, the event also intends to expand and consolidate a unique community of leading academic researchers interested in the Finance and Operations Management interface. By fostering a productive interaction among speakers and other conference participants, the Symposium will meet the needs as well as the expectations for further research in supply chain and finance.
Topics to be addressed:
- Supplier´s Decisions under Financial Constraints
- Risk Management Approaches in Operations
- Supply Chain Finance and Trade Credit
- New Frontiers: Research directions for Supply Chain & Finance
- Impact of Price Uncertainty on Operational Performance
- Contracting and Commodity Procurement Mechanisms
- Interface between Corporate Finance and Operations Management
The SFI is expecting to unite the best talent in the SC&F academic area worldwide at this event. Speakers include:
- Vlad Babich, Georgetown University, United States
- Peter Berling, Lund University, Sweden
- Onur Boyabatli, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Daniel Corsten, Instituto de Empresa, Spain
- Genaro Gutiérrez, University of Texas, United States
- Cagri Haksoz, Sabanci University, Turkey
- Burak Kazaz, Syracuse University, United States
- Víctor Martínez de Albéniz, IESE, Spain
- Vinod Singhal, Georgia Tech, United States
- Alejandro Serrano, Zaragoza Logistics Center, Spain
- Fehmi Tanrisever, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Song Alex Yang, London Business School, United Kingdom
Through the Supply Chain and Finance 2nd Annual Symposium, the SFI will help participants acquire a unified vision by pursuing common objectives for both operational and financial excellence; understand the trade-offs between profitability and liquidity, so as to maximize shareholder´s value; acknowledge the impact of operating decisions on the financial performance of the company; and provide tools that will offset potential financial losses and reduce operational and financial risks.
This Symposium follows the workshop aimed at finding practical solutions to the trade-offs between operations and finance, which took place the previous day. Industrial top representatives from global and local companies such as BSH, CEFA, GM, Panishop, Porcelanosa, PwC, Saica, and Zytech participated in this session.