Project Reference: 2S-MED11-29
Funding Body: European Commission. Interreg IVB – Subprogramme MED
Type of Funding: Public
Main Researcher: Susana Val Blasco
Start date: 01/06/2012
End date: 31/05/2015
Duration: 3 years
The project, funded under the MED Objective 3.1: Improvement of maritime accessibility and of transit capacities through multimodality and intermodality, aims at improving the competitiveness of port systems in the MED area by refining accessibility through technology and procedural innovations, and guaranteeing sustainable transport. The idea focuses on the realization of interoperable management information systems and on the reduction of externalities.
The project addresses three strategic sectors: freight traffic (Europe-Asia and intra-Mediterranean), passenger traffic (Ro-Pax) and touristic traffic (cruises). These sectors are fundamental opportunities for the growth and the development of port regions in the MED area.
The project intends to define and implement sustainable middle- and long-term development strategies, by means of concerted territorial actions and pilot actions. These will be focused on:
- the removal of the current barriers concerning accessibility of ports (onshore and offshore)
- the integration of ports with the hinterland
- the development of logistic activities and intermodal transport (factories and consumer markets) in the rear areas of ports
- the development of infomobility with the aim of fostering attractiveness and to making the port system more efficient
- the specialization of port systems
- the improvement of the quality of services which integrate the port with the hinterland (railways).
Freight and passengers infomobility will be the fundamental issue to be addressed by the project.
- Lazio Region, Regional Transport Directorate
- Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC)
- PLAZA, S.A.
- Port Authority of Civitavecchia
- Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, Central Directorate for infrastructure, mobility, spatial planning and public works
- Institute for Transport and Logistics Foundation
- Port Authority of North Sardinia
- Hellenic Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas – CERTH
- Thessaloniki Port Authority S.A.
- TRAINOSE S.A.
- Fundación Valenciaport
- University of Maribor
- Business Support Centre (BSC) of the Regional Development Agency of Gorenjska
- Cyprus Center for European and International Affairs (CCEIA)
- Regional Government of Aragón
- Generalitat Valenciana
- ADIF – Administrador de Infraestructuras Ferroviarias
- Commission Nationale Paritaire Professionnelle de L’emploi et de la formation professionnelle des transports routiers et desactivities auxiliares du transport
- Regione Emilia Romagna
- Cluster PACA logistique
- Institute for Transport Traffic Environment and Logistics (Slovenia)
- Port of Rijeka
- HIFDI – Confederation Generale des Entreprises du Maroc – Federation du Transport
- CEI – Central European Initiative
- Regione Veneto Unita’ di Progetto Logistica
- Agenzia Delle Dogane
- Comune di Monfalcone
- AIOM – Agenzia Imprenditoriale Operatori Marittimi
For further information about the project, please contact:
Dr. Susana Val Blasco