Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2015 the company employed a total workforce of 17.213. In the financial year 2015, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 5.807 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: increase profitability, reposition portfolio, add value with sustainability, foster innovation and R&D, and intensify growth.
BU Functional Minerals (FM) is part of the Natural Resources business area and is a global supplier of specialty chemical products based on mineral materials (bentonite) for different applications, such as Edible Oil Purification or as binder in the molding process in Foundry.
The person best-suited to this position will join the Operations organization of BU Functional Minerals in Spain. As a first objective, the person will complete a 10 months MIT-Zaragoza Masters in Supply Chain Management (ZLOG) at the Zaragoza Logistics Center from August 2016 to May 2017. During the Masters, he/she will interact with the Clariant organization in EMEA by conducting his/her thesis project with the company. After graduation, he/she will onboard the BU FM Operations organization in one of our sites in Spain to apply his/her experience and knowledge.
• Dynamic and motivated professional, with interest to deepen his/her knowledge of Supply Chain and Operations Management and to develop a career in Operations
• Bachelor degree in Engineering (Chemical, Process or Mechanical) or other related technical fields
• 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Logistics or other operational areas
• Strong management capabilities, 1-2 years of experience leading teams is desirable
• Organized and structured work approach and strong analytical skills, Six Sigma certification is an advantage
• Ability to work both in a team and independently, manage complexity and take ownership for deliverables
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in Spanish and English, knowledge of other languages is an advantage
• Willingness to establish in Spain after completion of the Masters in May 2017
Check ZLOG’s Admission Requirements in order to get admission to the program.
Contact Marta Romero, Director of ZLOG, at [email protected] or by phone at +34 976 077 605 in case you are interested in applying.