The ZLC Medal of Distinction is awarded to scholars of exceptional ability and distinction who have made significant contributions in the field of Operations Research and Management been recognized by the OR/M community peers as academics of exceptional talent.
This Medal has been created to recognize and acknowledge excellence in teaching and research in the field of Operations Research and Management. It is awarded by a panel of faculty at ZLC.
The Medal will be awarded and presented to the recipient during the PhD Summer Academy at ZLC in Zaragoza, Spain.
1. – Recipients must be professors (tenured or non-tenured) who have been actively involved in operations research management including research, teaching and the application of such in industry. They must meet the following criteria:
- be distinguished academics who have had a major impact on national/international OR/M teaching and research programs, and who have demonstrated a high level of commitment to enhancing the programs and their reputation.
- have substantial experience, at least 10-15 years, and a national/international reputation for excellence.
- have wide and extensive backgrounds in the OR/M field.
- be expected to generate financial resources to support and enhance the programs in which they work.
- serve as liaisons between industry, government and academia in identifying teaching and research opportunities that support the public interest and the needs of society as a whole.
2. – Retired individuals are eligible to be considered.