Project number: 101061729
Funding Body: European Commission – Horizon Europe
Type of funding: Public
Main Researcher: Carolina Ciprés
Start date: 01/10/2022
End date: 30/09/2025
Duration: 36 months
The main objectives of ReSChape project are:
- To analyse social, economic and environmental changes and disruptions (including Covid) and evaluate their impact on SCs, identifying related challenges in terms of relationship between countries, configuration of the network, impact on employment.
- To study and propose a set of SC models for the evolution of global SC integrating strategies like resource efficient, closed-loop and humanitarian as a way to increase EU resilience and sustainability. Particular attention will be given to the role of digitalization as a way to establish new paths for social inclusion taking into consideration the needs of urban and rural areas. Some important European sectors like fashion, automotive, medical and machine tools will be analysed with case studies and survey.
- To develop Innovative tools for monitoring and assessing sectoral trade patterns and defining mechanisms to evaluate relationship of disruptions like pandemic and global value chains taking into consideration impact on employment, economic growth, incomes etc also in the long term. Moreover, it will be analysed the impact of different trade patterns, on the EU value added of sectoral and countries with a specific focus on analyzing income inequalities and proposition of decent work and social cohesion. Particular attention will be gives to gender issues and social disparities.
- To develop innovative policy scenarios with recommendations for future global value chains: policy scenarios will be based on Key horizontal issues impacting on several sectors and will provide recommendations for EU, national and sectoral strategies, policy measures and targeted actions aimed at shaping fair, inclusive and sustainable trade patterns, value and supply chains as well as production networks.
- Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche, Italy
- Universita Degli Studi Di Padova, Italy
- Inesc Tec – Instituto De Engenhariade Sistemas E Computadores, Tecnología E Ciencia, Portugal
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft Zur Forderung Der Angewandten Forschung Ev, Germany
- Fundacion Zaragoza Logistics Center, Spain
- Rwi – Leibniz-Institut Fur Wirtschaftsforschung E.V., Germany
- Universidad De La Iglesia De Deusto Entidad Religiosa, Spain
- Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Iris Technology Solutions, Sociedad Limitada, Spain
For further information, please contact:
Carolina Ciprés, Principal Investigator, [email protected]
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No 101061729.