- May 25, 2015
- Zaragoza Logistics Center
ZLC is organizing the Global Supply Chain Research Forum 2015 that will take place on May 25-26 in Zaragoza, Spain. This forum will encompass two events: the Research Fest on May 25, where students will present their final thesis projects covering a range of topics focused on various supply chain aspects; and the Research Panel Discussion on May 26, where companies and researchers will have an opportunity for networking and discussing about the latest research trends in logistics and supply chain management applied to real life success cases.
By invitation only. Contact Carlos Arto, Corporate Relations Manager, for any additional information.
- 11:00h.: Registration
- 11:15h.: Welcome
- 11:30h.: Master Thesis Presentation
- 12:45h.: Lunch
- 13:45h.: Outstanding Thesis Award Finalists
- 16:45h.: Research Fest Summary
- 20:00h.: Enjoy spring in Zaragoza with an exclusive dinner.
Research Panel Discussion. Tuesday, May 26
- 8:45h.: Registration
- 9:00h.: Welcome and IntroductionsProf. Maria Jesus Saenz, Director ZLC
- 9:10h.: Latest Applied Research on Logistics and Supply Chain Management:
Prof. Maria Jesus Saenz – Supply Chain Collaboration and ResilienceProf. Mustafa Cagri Gurbuz – Advanced Inventory ManagementProf. Alejandro Serrano – Supply Chain FinanceProf. Jianjun Xu – Green Supply Chain and SustainabilityProf. Susana Val – Urban LogisticsProf. Luca Urciuoli – Supply chain Risk Management and Security
Open discussion – Future research needs in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- 10:15h.: 1st Round Table: Does Supply Chain Performance depend on Technology?
Ericsson, Carlos Nieva, Head of Tactical Planning and ImplementationChep, Pedro Gabaldón, Sr. Director, Supply Chain S. Europe & MENA
Oracle, Jean-Pierre Merx, Sr. Director, Supply Chain. South EuropeZLC, Prof. Alejandro SerranoOther Representatives
- 11:15h.: Coffee break and networking
- 11:45h.: 2nd Round Table: Is Physical Internet a New Paradigm?
Materials Handling Institute – US, Daniel Stanton, Vice President of Education and Professional DevelopmentES3 – US, Brenda Hambleton, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer
LEO Pharma A/S, Peter Broend, Project Director Operational ExcellenceZLC, Prof. María Jesús Sáenz, DirectorOther Representatives
- 12:45h.: Remarks and drafting ZLC future research agenda
- 13:15h.: Adjourn