Project number: 727961
Funding Body: European Commission – H2020
Type of funding: Public
Main Researcher: Luca Urciuoli
Start date: 1/11/2016
End date: 31/05/2020
Duration: 42 months
The main goal of AGROinLOG is the demonstration of Integrated Biomass Logistic Centres (IBLC) for food and non-food products, evaluating their technical, environmental and economic feasibility. The project is based on three agro-industries in the fodder (Spain), olive oil production (Greece) and cereal processing (Sweden) sectors that are willing to deploy new business lines in their facilities to open new markets in bio-commodities (energy, transport and manufacturing purposes) and intermediate bio-products (transport and biochemicals).
These sectors represent over 10% turnover of agro-food industries and 30% of those with inherent synergies to integrate food and non-food business taking advantage of their existing equipment, seasonality and established food logistics. The synergies of applying IBLCs business in existing agro-industries can have a positive impact over 18% in final product price, giving a clear competitive strength to a wide segment of agroindustries, which can exploit this privileged situation compared to a new biomass supply business built from scratch.
The project is built on these agro-industries that will achieve a TRL7-8 in their facilities, guaranteeing operation under real conditions and with big amounts of production compared to the current activity, ensuring proximity to real market at the end of the project. Main challenges are based on being able to integrate logistics, harvesting and equipment in food and nonfood applications, where the project is focused; ensuring marketability of the final bio-commodities.
- Fundación Circe – Centro de investigación de recursos y consumos energéticos
- Stichting Dienst Landbouwkundig Onderzoek
- Fundación Zaragoza Logistics Center
- Ethniko Kentro Erevnas Kai Technologikis Anaptyxis
- Jti – Institutet För Jordbruks- Och Miljöteknik Ab
- Consiglio Per La Ricerca In Agricoltura E L’analisi Dell’economia Agraria
- Agroindustrial Pascual Sanz S.L.
- Nutria Anonymi Biomichaniki Etairia Typopiisis Kai Emporias Agrotikon Proionton
- Lantmannen Ekonomisk Forening
- Sp Processum Aktiebolag
- Cooperativas Agro-Alimentarias De Espana U De Coop Sociedad Cooperativa
- Panhellenic Confederation Of Unions Of Agricultural Cooperatives Somateio
- Agriconsulting Europe S.A.
- Association Ukrainian Agribusinessclub
- University Of Belgrade – Faculty Of Mechanical Engineering
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Luca Urciuoli, Principal Investigator
“This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Grant Agreement No 727961.”