Funding Body: Department for International Development
Main Researcher: Prashant Yadav
The purpose of the project is to highlight the role of inter- and intra-country differential pricing and its impact on access to medications. It involves drawing an easy to understand picture of the methods, barriers and impact of differential pricing.
The project will answer the following questions:
- What is the current status of inter- and intra-country differential pricing, and how can that status be represented using simple indicators?
- How can pharmaceutical products be segmented based on the market’s competitiveness level, global distribution of the demand and payment capacity, and the type of operational model to buy and distribute, with the aim of designing specific segments in differential pricing strategies?
- How does differential pricing contribute to improving access to medications?
- What are the challenges encountered by supply chains and the pre-requisites for implementing programmes based on differential pricing?
- How would differential pricing programmes have to be designed to be resistant to information through intra- and inter-country market segments?
Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC)