Acronym: CLUSTERS 2.0
Project number: 723265
Funding Body: Comisión Europea – H2020
Type of funding: Public
Main Researcher: Susana Val
Start date: 1/05/2017
End date: 30/04/2020
Duration: 36 months
If we want to reach the EU objective on modal shift for all transportation beyond 300 km and attract and strengthen competitiveness of local industries at the same time, we need to drive the development of a network of hyper-connected logistics multimodal clusters and their influence areas. The project’s vision is to leverage the full potential of European logistics clusters for an efficient and fully integrated transport system in Europe making optimal use of an open network of logistics clusters and hubs starting with Zaragoza (PLAZA), Duisburg (Duisport), Lille (Dourges), Bologna-Trieste (Interporto/port of Trieste), Brussels (BruCargo), London (Heathrow), Pireaus (PCT), Trelleborg (Port), while keeping neutral the environmental and local impacts such as congestion, noise, land use and local pollution levels. The project’s objectives and areas of intervention are:
- Increase the engagement, performance and coordination of terminals and hubs at cluster level targeting: i) increase by 50% the freight managed in the cluster with current infrastructure, ii) Double the value added activities and iii) increase economic impact in local economies by 5% yearly while keeping neutral local environmental impacts.
- Build a hyper-connected network of logistics hubs and clusters targeting: i) increase average door-to-door vehicle load factor up to 75%, ii) increase intermodal transport in the network by 40%.
- Develop low cost, low capital and investment intensive transhipment enhanced solutions to reduce operational costs of transhipment by 30%.
- Develop prototypes of New Modular Load Units as enhancers of the above objectives.
- Develop terminal management systems to increase management capacity of the terminals by 20% and reduce associated congestion by 10%.
- Establish and run 11 Living Labs to test, improve, and validate proposed solutions as well as to develop business models and robust business plans the project’s solutions.
- PTV PLANUNG TRANSPORT VERKEHR AG
- ENIDE SOLUTIONS .S.L
- MOSAIC FACTOR SL
- PROCTER & GAMBLE SERVICES COMPANY NV
- CONSORZIO IB INNOVATION
- FRAUNHOFER-GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V
- BLUEGREEN STRATEGY SRL
- FIT CONSULTING SRL
- FUNDACION ZARAGOZA LOGISTICS CENTER
- CHAMBRE DE COMMERCE ET D’INDUSTRIE ARTOIS
- NAYTILIAKES METAFORIKES KAI EPIKOINONIAKES EPIXEIRISEIS SEABILITY ETAIREIA PERIORISMENIS EUTHINIS
- INNOVATRAIN AG
- VAN ECK BEESD BV
- TRELLEBORGS HAMN AB
- ASSOCIATION POUR LA RECHERCHE ET LE DEVELOPPEMENT DES METHODES ET PROCESSUS INDUSTRIELS – ARMINES
- HEATHROW AIRPORT LIMITED
- AIR CARGO BELGIUM
- WORLDWIDE FLIGHT SERVICES BELGIUM NV
- J.A.M. DE RIJK BV
- DHL Global Forwarding (Belgium)
- AUTORITA PORTUALE DI TRIESTEI
- EQUIMODAL SL
- ARGUSI BV
- UNION INTERNATIONALE DES CHEMINS DE FER
- DUISPORT AGENCY GMBH UNIVERSITEIT ANTWERPEN
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Susana Val, Principal Investigator
“This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Grant Agreement No 723265.”