Acronym: [email protected]
Project Reference: 287080
Funding Body: European Commission. 7th Framework
Type of Funding: Public
Project website: http://www.socool-logistics.eu/
Main Researcher: David Gonsalvez
Start date: 01/01/2012
End date: 31/12/2014
Duration: 36 months
[email protected] (Sustainable Organisation between Clusters of Optimised Logistics @ Europe) is a European Regions of Knowledge project through which 5 world-class European clusters have joined forces to create an open European hub for regional innovation in logistics and supply chain management. Its purpose is to enable research-driven regional clusters throughout Europe to collaborate and exchange experiences for increasing regional sustainability and competitiveness of logistics services and intermodal transport operations.
[email protected] operational objectives:
- Fostering trans-national cooperation between research-driven clusters as well as mutual learning between regional actors. The clusters will work in the areas of interconnecting major EU gateways and hubs for sustainable intermodal transport; mitigating local and regional effects of major hub activities and coordinate involved actors; increasing logistics added value without increasing transport and traffic volumes; enhancing environmental and economic efficiency of urban freight transport and logistics.
- Developing and implementing joint action plans at the European level to increase regional economic competitiveness. These action plans will support and drive the creation of the EU policies within intermodal transportation and co-modality and the creation of knowledge that will allow Europe to increase its economic growth without increasing its CO2 emissions.
- Supporting the internationalization of the regional research-driven clusters. [email protected] has been set up as a starting point and will evolve into an open European platform of excellence that will contribute to the internationalization of regional clusters and the importance of research.
- Mentoring regions with a less developed research profile. The cluster platform will be created by highly developed regions that will offer mentoring to regions with a less developed research profile, share knowledge and provide access to a network of clusters beyond [email protected] to support their capacity building.
- [email protected] Mentoring Action Plan NEW!
- [email protected] Joint Action Plan NEW!
- [email protected] Business Plan NEW!
- Report on international cluster conference NEW!
- Cluster analysis report
- Report on cluster workshops
- Newsletter #1
- Newsletter #2
- Newsletter #3
- Dutch Institute for Advanced Logistics (Dinalog), NL – Coordinator
- House of Logistics & Mobility (HOLM), DE
- Asociación Logística Innovadora de Aragón (ALIA), ES
- Lund University (ULUND), SE
- Mersin Chamber of Commerce (MTSO), TR
Participating Third Parties
- Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC), ES
- Instituto Tecnológico de Aragón (ITA), ES
- Consejo Aragonés de Cámaras de Comercio e Industria (Chambers), ES
- Aragón Exterior (AREX), ES
- Vlaams Instituut voor de Logistiek VZW (VIL), BE
- N.V. Brabantse Ontwikkelings Maatschappij (BOM), NL
- N.V. REWIN West-Brandt (REWIN), NL
- Eindhoven University of Technology(TU/e), NL
- Schumpeter Center for Clusters / Goethe University Frankfurt (SCC/GUF), DE
- Roskilde University (RUC), DK
- Transport Innovation Network (TINV), DK
- Maritime Development Center of Europe (EMUC), DK
- Mersin Logistics Platform (MLP), TR
- Mersin University (MU), TR
For further information about the project, please contact:
External Funding and Knowledge Transfer Office Manager
“This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement No 287080.”